Saturday, September 21, 2013

I guess that this must be the place...

A lot of exciting things happened these past two weeks!
First, in cronological order, we went to the baseball game last weekend. It was incredible, and our team also won! I had so much fun living again a real american baseball game, and since I love baseball with all my heart, it was amazing just to be there and sit with the crowd cheering our team, the Chukars, and taking pictures and talking with my host dad about baseball and sports in general and how I'd love to start again playing softball. Lorenzo, the other exchange student from Italy, came with us and I found out that he used to play baseball too so it was really cool to talk about different experiences and baseball stuff. 
 

 Two days ago I found out that my host family, which was only an Arrival family, now is my official Permanent family and I'm so freaking happy. I was really afraid of leaving them because I knew that I would have never found a better family for me and it would have been so hard, but fortunately, they feel the same way and they told me that they figured out they can't let me go away anymore and I fit perfectly in the family. I already love them so much and I can't wait for all the wonderful experiences we'll have together during this year. :) 



Then, yesterday night it was the Civil War game night. The football team of my school played against the Bonneville football team, which is the team of the other high school of Idaho Falls. It was so cool, everybody was wearing his school's colors and there were the cheerleader and junk food and all the people were really excited even if we lost, I had the time of my life and I was feeling like living in a movie for the entire time.

Now I'm really living my american dream, and I finally figured out what the famous quote means, the one that says "Cultural exchange is not a year of your life, is your life in a year."

No comments:

Post a Comment